Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3VZE Shift Points



I just did a timing belt on my 1990 3VZE 5sp. Before I did the timing belt it was running sluggish.



Wanted to ask what the shift points are of a good running 3VZE pickup?



Seems in 4th gear anything below 40 will shake the truck while holding speed. Some people tell me "these old trucks just run rough". I feel that is BS. If someone can prove other wise I will start chasing the culprit.



Checkin on O2 sensors new spark plugs, etc etc.......

Reply 1 : 3VZE Shift Points



Do you have a tach? At what rpm does the engine start to give you problems?

Reply 2 : 3VZE Shift Points



No the Truck didn't come with a tach.

It is all stock gearing, but it will shake and bog at 35mph in 4th gear just trying to hold speed.



Not sure what the rpm's are but figured it should pull ok at that speed.

The truck has low gearing to my understanding. Like 4:10 rear diff?



Just wanting to know if this is normal? I would think it would run better than this. Maybe I will get the go Pro and show a video with the speedometer and gearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment