Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



I installed my Pivot3 Throttle Controller today. I took some pics to show how I did it.



Here it is ready for installation.





Here is the plug at the top of the gas pedal that needs to be unplugged so that the adapter harness can be plugged into the gas pedal.







I removed the gas pedal to get to the plug better.





Here is the gas pedal with the harness adapter plugged into it.





Gas pedal reinstalled with harness. I than routed the harness over behind where the controller would be in the coin box next to the VSC button.





I snapped off the cover panel to give me more room to work.





I unplugged the connector so that I could route the plug for power up through & behind the OBD connector.





Here it is with the controller plugged into the OBD plug.





I mounted the controller box on a little shelf on the back side of the cover that I unsnapped. I was than able to just loop the wire into the cubbie hole for the control panel.





I just coiled the wire behind the panel & attached the panel with the provided double sided tape.





Here it is all said & done. Can't even tell it's connected.


Reply 1 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



Await your long drive test result. Nice install.

Reply 2 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



awesome

great write up

Reply 3 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



Very detailed.



Added to the DIY sticky thread.

Reply 4 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



nice work jim, thanks for the write up, so what do you think ?

Reply 5 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics




Quote:








Originally Posted by kniterider09
View Post

nice work jim, thanks for the write up, so what do you think ?



First impressions are excellent. I'll do some extended tests on different settings & see what benefit Eco modes really have on MPG. I'll leave it in an Eco mode for a whole tank & see what it does for MPG.

Reply 6 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics




Quote:








Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2
View Post

First impressions are excellent. I'll do some extended tests on different settings & see what benefit Eco modes really have on MPG. I'll leave it in an Eco mode for a whole tank & see what it does for MPG.



ya i wanted to do that too, but now i cant drive without sprt 4! lol you'll see what i am talking about.

Reply 7 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



cant wait to hear what you think. how much does it help with throttle response? much better? i drove a tc today and literally felt pitiful when driving my car. great job

Reply 8 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



Awesome write up, awaiting for your results!

Reply 9 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



Nice job, let us know how it performs.

Reply 10 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics




Quote:








Originally Posted by kniterider09
View Post

ya i wanted to do that too, but now i cant drive without sprt 4! lol you'll see what i am talking about.



I'll be pretty mellow during commute times as the throttle response doesn't make as much of a difference at that point in time.




Quote:








Originally Posted by ilikebass7
View Post

cant wait to hear what you think. how much does it help with throttle response? much better? i drove a tc today and literally felt pitiful when driving my car. great job



Throttle response is much better. You need to install one to feel the difference. It was worth every bit of the $150, money well spent.

Reply 11 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



jim where did your order your pivot 3 from?

Reply 12 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics




Quote:








Originally Posted by rollas22
View Post

jim where did your order your pivot 3 from?



From eBay, here is the link.



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIVOT...ts_Accessories &hash=item255c3e26a6

Reply 13 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



Ya like I've said before. Saving for a wedding and trying to buy mods doesn't work so well this may be the next though

Reply 14 : Installed - Pivot 3 Throttle Controller w/pics



i shall save up for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment