Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just for my info in the future...



It has been my understanding that an engine should have 7k mileage on conventional motor oil before switching over to a synthetic. Now, the manufacturers info states that this is not necessary. So which is correct? I switched over after putting 10k on my Tacoma.

Reply 1 : Just for my info in the future...



You can go synth for your 1st oil change if you like.

Reply 2 : Just for my info in the future...



My tacoma went to synthetic at 1000 miles I have just over 8K on it now I see no problems.



I think most manufacturers prefer you to wait for the first 2K, I know my civic owners man. said to hold off until after 2K they say there engines have a break in oil.



Everything else I bought in the last few years, and I have bought quite a few, said nothing about waiting, the honda was the only car I waited on.

Reply 3 : Just for my info in the future...



I went to syn at 10k.

No comments:

Post a Comment