Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My first autocross. Won novice class :)



Here were my times

1st (By myself) - 82.168

Instructor (Driving) - 77.070

2nd (With instructor riding) - 79.243

3rd - 76.013



This was my first autocross



I learned many things that maybe I could share with you.



* Learn the breaking or lost of traction point of your tires, its not a good thing when you hear them sqeal. I was taught that they at the point where they are going to lose traction.

* The gas pedal is like a dial, a dial is something that you turn to increase and decrease. Treat it like that. But the brake pedal is like an on or off switch. If your going to use the break make sure you use it.

* Try to go to all practice runs, it helps. thats all i know but if i learn anything more ill post it.



Heres a pic of my second run







By the way I'm only 16 .

Reply 1 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



thats sweet, i wish there was somewhere to do AutoX in Middle Tennessee

Reply 2 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



id probably suck bad at autoX grats though

Reply 3 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



Goodjob & goodluck in other events !

Reply 4 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



congrats!



your rims look way big to autocross though. they look 18. i remember the optimal is like 17 or 16. but still, major props to ya!

Reply 5 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



Autocross is like Crack... Except you can kick a crack habit....









^

Yota-Cross

Me





Congrats on your first. There are many more to come. They only become more fun as you get faster. Eventually you spend gobs of money on it. I just put $900 into R's for the bimmer.



-Mike

Reply 6 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)




Quote:








Originally Posted by Venom_5


thats sweet, i wish there was somewhere to do AutoX in Middle Tennessee



A quick search found events in Nashville: http://www.trscca.com/trscca/index.html and Chattanooga: http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/. You can find local SCCA events from SCCA.org. Just click "find a region near you" at the top of the page. In many parts of the country there are other local clubs that run events too.

Reply 7 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



i wanna try Auto-X! do you go fast enough to flip your car? i've heard too many horror stories about hatchbacks and cars flipping.....>_<

Reply 8 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



good job man. I hope to autox one day

Reply 9 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)




Quote:








Originally Posted by Super Kaioken


i wanna try Auto-X! do you go fast enough to flip your car? i've heard too many horror stories about hatchbacks and cars flipping.....>_<



I have yet to see a car flip in autocross. I have seen pleanty of spins, but only cars with high centers of gravity. ECHOs, old VW's, they have a chance of rolling IF they are on full R-Compounds. Street tires will break loose before flipping.



-Mike

Reply 10 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)



Gratz! I remember when I almost won.. came in Second in the STS class! People were shocked that I beat some of the cars that I did They didn't laugh at the camry anymore!


Reply 11 : My first autocross. Won novice class :)




Quote:








Originally Posted by SmokingTires


Autocross is like Crack... Except you can kick a crack habit....









^

Yota-Cross

Me





Congrats on your first. There are many more to come. They only become more fun as you get faster. Eventually you spend gobs of money on it. I just put $900 into R's for the bimmer.



-Mike



Amazing picture. You can actually see the roof strut that goes between the t-tops flexing upwards. I love those MK1's. I had and 88 SC brand new back in the day. I almost cried when I sold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment