Friday, March 25, 2011

Plastic pieces/trim along toyota OEM radiator - required?



So I just pulled out the stock radiator on my 1992 Camry LE, and there were two plastic pieces that slid along the outer edges of the radiator ... I have no idea what their purpose may be?? They were once glued to the edges, but must have released over time (i can see glue residue on the backside). I'm now installing a new radiator and wonder if I need to re-use these? They won't really sit/stay properly, as age and heat have slightly warped them.



Anyone?

Reply 1 : Plastic pieces/trim along toyota OEM radiator - required?



They are mainly there to keep crud from getting into the rad area and clogging it up. The car will run fine without them don't worry about it.

Reply 2 : Plastic pieces/trim along toyota OEM radiator - required?




Quote:








Originally Posted by 71Corolla
View Post

They are mainly there to keep crud from getting into the rad area and clogging it up. The car will run fine without them don't worry about it.



Cool, thanks. Glad someone knew what the heck I was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment