Friday, March 18, 2011

Engine temperature gauge acting wierd!!



Hi all,



99 solara v6 sle owner here. So here's my problem:

My engine temperature gauge works perfectly fine when I'm driving in the city. Stays right in the middle between the Hot and Cold lines. When I get on the highway, however, the needle drops almost instantly. Stays at the bottom line right above the C. When I get off the highway and back into city driving, the needle goes back to normal.

Any ideas?!? appreciate the help.

Reply 1 : Engine temperature gauge acting wierd!!



i would look into replacing the theromostat if it really bothers you other than that. As long as it is dropping to the colder side you really don't have to worry, just as long as you aren't seeing it increase. Thermostat's are pretty easy to change your self. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment