Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



Picked up my new ride....waited 2 months for it.











20" wheels wrapped in 255/40/20

Reply 1 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



nice ride bro! good to see someone else with 20's on here. whats the width and offset of those wheels btw? 9.5? what kind of wheels are those?

Reply 2 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



hey I just noticed man!! Whered you get the clear smoked rear bumper reflectors man?! those are yummy!!! gotta get me one of those!! please tell me where!

Reply 3 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



Details:

Wheels:

Dale Earnhardt DMP's (black chrome) - 20 X 9.5 35-offset

Yokohama Pradas 255/40/20



Suspension: Toyota SE springs



I felt a big difference between the stock and SE springs. You feel the road more and response is way better. The stock felt like a cadillac really cushhy but now it drives more like a car. I can take off ramps a lot faster now!!!!



Looks like Nor Cal folks are the only ones crazy enough to Mod this van...


Reply 4 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



sienna looks great! diggin those wheels!!! i was going to buy from geweke but found an SE in roseville that i liked instead. doesn't come with all the technology i wanted but i plan to add aftermarket electronics instead. =)

Reply 5 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



just noticed you had no roof rack.... looks clean without it!! nice! did the wheels come with the van when you purchased or did you buy them separate?

Reply 6 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



cool

i have se

where did u get muffler end cutter looks good

Reply 7 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



ACS- yeah ditched the ugly roof rack that never gets used. I bought the wheels separately cuz as we all know....Toyota doesn't have a loaded sport package so I made my own.



The tip is an oval stainless steel one made by silverline. Fits perfectly in that spot. I was gonna by a TRD exhaust and modify it to fit the van but that was gonna be more than I wanted to spend.



Overall, I am happy with the look and ride. Until H&R or Eibach comes out with lowering springs to slam this sucka. Wish there were aftermarket sway bars so I can mash on the off/on ramps.

Reply 8 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



hahaha lets hope TRD makes those sway bars and actually support the Sienna...theyve been ditching the Sienna for years now..

Reply 9 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



Hydrosport, did you use any spacers with the +35 9.5 setup?? Thanks. Nice ride btw.

Reply 10 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



The rims are actually 8.5 X 20 with no spacers used. I assume you can use spacers but it looks fine to me and everything clears, no rubbing. Just don't want to deal with any fitment issues or fender rubbing since its the family car and the wife is driving it around.

Reply 11 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



Looks great. I'm thinking about buying a limited and doing the same things. Have you checked into prices of smoked tail lights? Also what about the grille or ground effects?

Reply 12 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



SE tail lights will run you about 400-500 dollars. I am happy with the look and don't plan on putting on the SE kit. I checked it out in person and didn't like the rear bumper reflectors...but buying an SE kit would be too costly at this point. I can't change the grill cause I have the technology package and the radar is mounted there. I was up in Monterey this weekend and turned alot of heads...people didnt know what it was until they saw the rear. I told em it was a TRD sport package sienna and it came stock like that. LOL

Reply 13 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics



I was thinking about getting black but really like the gray color that you have. The rims are exactly what I was looking for, although I'm worried about those tires in the snow. Maybe i'll use them as summer tires and put the stock on in the winter.

Reply 14 : 2011 Sienna Limited "sport package" pics




Quote:








Originally Posted by hydrosport
View Post

Overall, I am happy with the look and ride. Until H&R or Eibach comes out with lowering springs to slam this sucka. Wish there were aftermarket sway bars so I can mash on the off/on ramps.



there's a couple of things you can do to increase rear stiffness if no aftermarket support is available -



you could replace stock bushings with poly bushings to increase stiffness.



you could try stiffer rear shocks or airbags to stiffen up the rear a bit.



see if there is any parts commonality, i.e., 3G T4R guys have been swapping out to Tundra brakes for increased stopping power with minimal modding.



maybe the SE package parts are bolt-on, or there is a jdm model similar in size/weight that has stiffer bars that you could bolt on with minimal fabrication (alphard?).



increase diameter of OEM swaybar (pro'lly wouldn't do this unless you are very familiar with what could happen). sleeving OEM bar, welding another bar onto it, etc... - if you drastically increase the stiffness of the OEM bar, you could go from moderate understeer to white-knuckle oversteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment