Thursday, March 17, 2011

Door still won't open



Well I got my utility knife and cut the inside door panel. Then used grinder to cut off the sheet metal on inside of door so I could get to the two screws holding the lock solenoid. Hoping that when I disconnected the lock solenoid rod it would just be manual locks on that door. NOT!!!



I still can't open the +^&*ing door!!!



So I guess I will have to buy the additional relay that Toyota said was fix for problem years of 87-90. Mine is a 91 and 2 dealers said mine wasn't covered. I hope the part isn't too much because technically my car is not supposed to be affected and I don't know if this will fix it.



Wonder if Radio Shack would have something similar, probably not.



Well I can take back the lock solenoid I got at junk yard because old lock solenoid still moves rod back and forth.



I am so mad and frustrated!!



Don't know what to do.

Reply 1 : Door still won't open



www.rockauto.com



Is your friend.

Reply 2 : Door still won't open



Could be one of the plastic rod keepers broke and a metal rod fell out that unlatches the door.



Or...could be that you need to unlatch a plastic rod keeper so you can pull the metal rod out of the door solenoid. Then pull or push on the metal rod to unlatch the door and open. Don't need to physically remove the solenoid unless you want to replace it with a new one.



The two screws holding the solenoid in are not normal phillips head or flat head. The two screws are (I think) 'starx' or 'stars' or 'torx' drive. Can't remember the pronunciation. I was in a pick-a-part junk yard a couple months ago and stripped the two screws trying to use a phillips screwdriver and ended up using vise grips on the solenoid screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment