Thursday, March 17, 2011

transmission noise 2000 sienna



I took my van to my mechanic and he says the noise is coming from the transmission. We put it up on the lift and put it in gear to be able to hear the noise. It only happens when in gear and moving. It appears to be coming from the transmission.



The sound is a ticking noise that increases in frequency as the vehicle accelerates. It is not affected by changes in engine rpm. The noise is reminiscent of a cv joint or wheel bearing noise but there are no other indications that it is a cv joint or wheel bearing.



Does this sound like the transmission side of the cv joint? I do not want to have my transmission replaced just to find out the drive shaft was the problem.



Van has 160k miles on it and has been well maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment