Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Goodridge SS Brake line install!



Found out that my front cross drilled/slotted rotors were warped which caused my pulsation of the steering wheel when braking. So I decided to replace everything myself, Brembo rotors, Hawk street pads, and Goodridge SS brake lines for all 4 wheels.



Replacing rotors and pads was easy, I did ran into some problems with the rear pads fitting but it was my fault with the sliding pin for the lower bolt. I didn't know it moves!



Now for the Goodridge SS brake lines, if anyone of you wants to replace it yourself, do it because it's pretty easy. I've seen many posts here with people hesitating to install it. If you have Haynes Manual, follow it mostly, but here' the tip I have when I replaced mine today:



- In Haynes manual, they want you to remove the brake line fitting from the frame bracket, then remove the U clip, Don't follow it! I followed that and I almost screwed my fitting since somehow the fitting didn't have enough room to move up and bent it a little. I had a hard time bending it back so I could screw it back into the new line. So what you want to do is unscrew the fitting using the flare-nut wrench (must have) and don't unscrew it all the way, just loose it a little. Next remove the U clip at this time, then unscrew the fitting all the way. That's the hard part. The bolt at the caliper was easy, removed and reinstalled it with the new bolt and crush washers provided and tight everything back on with the new SS line. Bleed the brake and that's it.



Just a little info for ya! In case I forgot how it was done in the future I can always find this post here to remind myself! Have fun!

Reply 1 : Goodridge SS Brake line install!



Good stuff man, thanks.

Reply 2 : Goodridge SS Brake line install!



I've got the Goodrich lines for my 06 access cab and I'm going to have to install them. I took it to my mechanic and he told me he couldn't get the stock fittings to loosen? Does this sound right given the U-fitting thing mentioned above? He's a good mechanic and all (does German cars) but this is probably his first Tacoma brake line job I'm guessing. Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment