Friday, March 18, 2011

Labor question - timing belt + valve cover gaskets + clutch job



I need valve cover gaskets done and am overdue for a timing belt change so I figured I'd get both done at once since they would have to remove the VC anyway to do the timing belt.



Any ballpark on how many hours a shop should charge to do them together?



Anything else to do there other than belt/tensioner, water pump/gasket/belt, bypass hose, crank/cam seals?



I've seen people recommend thermostat and upper/lower hoses but it seems like you can do that whenever? Or does the water pump replacement require a cooling system burp so it's better to do those together?



What I'm also curious about is if there is any advantage to get my clutch replaced at same time? I'm at 150k on stock clutch, and just got a new Sachs clutch kit, flywheel and RMS for $60 on Craigslist. Doesn't seem like there would be any common labor but just thought I'd ask.



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment